For parents, being divorced is often a difficult decision to make: the fear of affecting their children, making them suffer often leads us to postpone the announcement of separation.
But children understand the situation faster than we think; using silence to protect them, secrets, unsaid and confused situations insecure them.
Here are some tips for approaching this step:
-Be clear and direct, do not lie, try to choose simple words to fit the age of the child.
- Try if the situation allows him to announce them in the presence of both parents
- Free them from guilt: children often feel responsible for the separation of their parents and may think that it is their actions that led to this situation.
- Do not discredit the other parent in front of the child.
- Avoid disputes in their presence
- Stay united in his parental role and maintain maximum communication that will reassure children.